Thursday, April 28, 2011

Lost In The iPhone Location FUD

Last week, I was on vacation and I promised myself that I wouldn't do any work. I was still lightly browsing tech news just because I really enjoy reading tech news ? yes, even on vacations. I came across the Apple location story and started to read some of the commentary about the situation. Most of it was idiotic. Pure FUD. It was really hard not to open my laptop and start typing ? so I tweeted some snark instead. But now I'm back. And now Apple has�officially�weighed in. It's time to start typing. The situation is a joke. That's not to say the actual issue at hand is a joke, but rather the coverage of the issue is. In that regard, it reminds me a lot of "Antennagate" last year. It was the biggest deal ever. It was the death of the iPhone. It was the end of Apple. ...in the press. The reality of the situation was the vast majority of actual consumers didn't give a shit ? and rightly so. Apple sold more iPhones than ever last year ? by a wide margin. The device is now the source of the majority of revenues for the company. But it's a broken device, remember?

Mary Elizabeth Winstead Piper Perabo Anna Kournikova Esther CaƱadas Kate Beckinsale

No comments:

Post a Comment